I love bath bombs and I think they're the perfect gift for valentines day for your boyfriend of girlfriend, add some candles and you're set for a beautiful romantic, relaxing night in.
So, let's begin with..
What you need (find these in chemist's/craft shops/health food stores):
- 2 Cups Baking soda
- 1 Cup Citric Acid
- 1-3 Drops of any essential oil (I like orange & ginger personally!)
- Witch Hazel (or Just some distilled water)
- Food colouring (optional)
- Spray bottle (diffuser)
- Wooden Spoon
- Mixing Bowl
- Egg Carton
Now to the..
- Mix the Baking soda and Citric acid in your bowl (be sure to get rid of any lumps by sieving mixture)
- Add a few drops of essential oil until the mixture smells sufficiently perfumed.
- Add 1-3 drops of food colouring, or until the desired colour has been reached.
- Spray your witch hazel or water onto the mixture until it becomes damp enough to form pretty solid balls - not too much though!
- Shape the mixture into evenly sized balls (or you can do small, medium and large sizes!)
- Place them into your egg carton and leave to dry for 24 hours
- Et Voila!
You can decorate the egg carton with confetti, ribbon, glitter or anything you want to present them to your other half.
Some essential oils you could try are lavender and rose, orange and ginger, peppermint, tea tree, patchouli, ylang-ylang or bergamot.
Thanks for reading, and come back to see how to make Solid Perfume!
Ta-ta for now!