Friday 10 May 2013

First Impressions: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain & Rimmel Apocalips Lip Laquer

Hey guys & girls!

So today I finished my exam for college (yeah only one!), so I treated myself to these little indulgences (along with some more, but that's for another time!).

I've heard many a good thing about the Revlon Kissable Balm Stain, and I think it'd be dead handy to keep in your purse even.

Rimmel Apocalips have been getting a lot of love too, so I thought I'd pick one up in a dark berry shade, a colour I don't really have anything else in.

Packaging:
The Revlon Balm Stain is a pencil like tube, that twists up for more product. It's really smooth and does feel a bit like a lip balm. It feel a bit tacky when you first put it on, but that fades slowly.

The Rimmel Apocalips comes in a tube much like a lipgloss. It comes with a doe-foot applicator that's hollow in the middle, I believe this is so the product is easier to apply without having to dip back in after every swipe.



Colour & Application:
Revlon Balm Stain (Mulligans pharmacy usually 10,95€ I got mine 50% off) 
 The Balm Stain is really easy to apply because of its shape. It's really quick to apply so is really good for on the go, or if you're traveling.
The colour I got was 'Rendezvous', a peachy orange colour. It's quite opaque compared to other tinted lip balms I've tried and gives a slightly glossy sheen to the lips. As far as I can tell there is no shimmer or glittery bits in it.



Revlon Apocalips Lip Laquer (Penneys/Primark 5,95€)
 The Apocalips applies like a lipgloss, but is very opaque. All I needed was one application to get very bold colour. It feels nice on the lips, a bit like a lipgloss, but then dries to an acceptable texture much the same as the Balm Stain by Revlon. I got mine in the colour 'Galaxy', which as I said earlier is a berry pink sort of colour. This one does have a tiny bit of shimmery bits in it, but you don't notice that too much on the lips. I think it just helps to keep it from losing it's shine. Also, one more thing I noticed was the smell of it - like sour watermelon sweets! Well, at least that's what comes to mind to me, it's the same as the Kate Moss lipsticks by Rimmel. I haven't worn this enough properly to decide whether it bothers me or not, but we'll find out!!



 I can't wait to try these out properly! Overall I'm quite happy with my purchases, especially because without the 50% off in Mulligans, I wouldn't have even looked!

I hope you enjoyed my first impressions on these two products! What have you bought lately? Have you tried the Apocalips Lip Laquers in other colours? Have you tried the Revlon Balm stain? Let me know in the comments!!

Come back soon to find out what else I got and as always don't forget to check out my other online profiles such as - Twitter, Instagram & She Said Beauty (all available in the sidebar, along with live feeds!)

Ta-ta for now! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment - I don't bite, I promise! xo