Wednesday 29 May 2013

Review! Maybelline Color Show Polka Dots

Hey guys!

I hope you're all keeping well!

I got these nail polishes from my wonderful mummy, who brought them back for me from her trip to England. I was super excited as I have wanted the L'Oreal Confetti polish for ages now, and these are pretty much the same.

The colours I got were Rainforest Canopy, Speckled Pink and Chalk Dust.


Speckled Pink and Rainforest Canopy are the same as Chalk Dust but with coloured nail polish instead of clear. 

The coloured ones go on pretty sheer and you have to layer them up 2 - 3 times depending on what kind of look you want. The 'polka dots' don't show through too much after maybe the third coat, but if you have the clear one you can out one coat of that over top and it looks really nice. Doing this also gives a bit of a dimension effect (?) as in the pink dots are a little darker than the clear ones. I can't explain! But you will see what I mean in the next picture.

Chalk Dust over Speckled Pink & Earnie and Birdie by Catrice

This is after 2 coats of Speckled Pink and two coats of Chalk dust.  The texture stays relatively smooth which is nice and they don't chip easily. I would recommend using a clear top coat over them as I found that some of the dots would poke up and snag on things. Also it's a good idea to give them a good shake before using so you get a good concentration of polka dots! 

Overall I really like these nail polishes, I don't think I'll pick up anymore of the colours as I already have loads of colours to layer with the clear polka dots. 

I hope you enjoyed this review! Let me know in the comments what your favourite nail polish is! 

Don't forget to follow & like me on twitter, instagram, facebook and she said beauty!  

Ta-ta for now! xo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment - I don't bite, I promise! xo